Ways to Get Involved
You can give your time! Many organizations, schools, families and individuals give their time to fill backpacks for children in need of meals on the weekends. Volunteers fulfill a very important step in the process of delivering food and supplies to where they are needed most.
Contact us and become a Filling in the Blanks volunteer today!
Organize a Food Drive
Because Filling in the Blanks only has $5.25 per weekend per child, food drives are a very important aspect of our charity. The more food we have available, the more food that can go into our weekend bags. Anyone can organize a food drive; it’s that simple.
Decide what non-perishable items you will be collecting.
- Examples: Individual size cereal boxes, individual microwaveable meals/mac and cheese, cans of veggies, soup, chili, cups of fruit or pudding.
- Set up a date and place for collecting the food.
- Publicize your event through emails, social media, fliers and the local newspaper.
- Filling in the Blanks will publicize your event as well.
- Have volunteers available to receive the items and to bring them to Filling in the Blanks.
Set your fundraising goal and let the world know why you’re passionate about fighting childhood hunger.
- Create a Web page for your own personal fundraising campaign.
- E-mail your page to your family, friends, classmates and co-workers and ask them to donate.
- Publicize your personal campaign through social networking sites.
Contact us for more information.
Personal fundraising is a great way to use your creativity to come up with a strategy to raise money. You can have a bake sale, a lemonade stand or sell an item you have made. The possibilities are endless. If you plan on holding an event on a larger scale, please contact Tina Kramer at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss further details.
Become a Supporter
Contact us today if your company or organization would like to partner with us to help fight childhood hunger.
With your help, we will be able to provide needy children with meals on the weekends.Donate Now
Other Ways to Give
Please contact us if you would like to give through your workplace, make a donation in honor of someone, or make a stock donation.